🎶 Nights in Black Velvet 🎶 (Artist Accountability Vlog for January 29, 2023)
I decided to move my weekly "Side-Hustle Scorecard" accountability check-in vlogs to short form content.
To be honest, a quick little vertical "confessional" video is a lot easier to fire off than some fully produced and edited talking head video, and it serves the same purpose.
Plus, you can post vertical video to YubTub Shorts, Insta/FB stories, and TikTok to expand reach. Which, I know, seems silly for something that is meant to be a diary.
But maybe somebody out there can draw inspiration from my weekly wins (and losses).
In this installment from January 29, 2023, I state that the previous week involved:
- Posting and then immediately deleting an art supply unboxing video on YouTube;
- Sending an email to my mailing list;
- Uncovering a shortcoming in SquareSpace's storefront capabilities;
- Commencing a new artwork using soft pastels on black velvet (it didn't end well); and
- Connecting with a talented black velvet painter named Diane Bombshelter.
👇 View my short video check-in below👇